If you have experienced job loss or are in need of emergency assistance please call the Community Resource line, 434-234-4490, or the Louisa County Resource Council, 540-967-1510.
Community & National Resources
- 434-234-4490 – Community Resource Hotline (financial assistance due to COVID-19).
- 540-967-1510 – Louisa County Resource Council (food assistance and other resource connections)
- 540-894-8440 – Louisa Community Emergency Fund (housing/utility financial assistance)
- 540-967-1234 – Louisa County Sheriff (providing prescription drug pick-up and delivery service. Once your prescription is filled and read for pick up, call them
- 434-972-6261 – TJHD COVID-19 Hotline (VA Dept. Health – Thomas Jefferson Health District)
- 434-972-4010 – Albemarle Job Center (job seeking)
- 866-832-2363 – Filing for Unemployment
- 866-366-4357 – Dominion Virginia Power Utility
- 800-552-3904 – Rappahannock Electric Cooperative
- 434-263-8336 – Central VA Electric Cooperative
- Support Louisa – https://www.louisachamber.org/support-louisa/
- Louisa County COVID-19 Response – https://www.louisacounty.com/2233/COVID-19-Information
- Charlottesville Area Community Foundation – https://www.cacfonline.org/initiatives
- Find a Job – City of Charlottesville “NOW HIRING” web page (updated regularly) https://www.charlottesville.org/departments-and-services/departments-a-g/economic-development/downtown-job-center/employers-who-are-hiring
- Virginia Department of Health – http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/
- Center for Disease Control – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
- Filing for Unemployment – http://www.vec.virginia.gov/qa-coronavirus
Utility Bills – Utility companies are waiving service disconnects and late fees at this time
Mental Health Resources for Seniors – https://www.medicareadvantage.com/resources/senior-guide-to-mental-health-during-covid-19
Through these difficult times, please remember — Give yourself and those close to you what kindness and grace you can. Offer the help that you can; accept the help that you need. Our response together, as a community, will make us stronger and help us to pull through. Hold on to the vision of a healthy and vibrant community for all.